Old December 14th 04, 03:49 AM
Dave Hyde

Thomas J. Paladino wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]
It was not a missile test, but rather was a drop tank separation test
flight gone awry.

It was a bomb rack jettison test with a two-seat photo chase, the back
seater in the TA-4J was carrying a big ol' movie camera.
The rack moved laterally a little more than expected, and
the results are obvious.

I didn't see an ejection... did I miss it?

Both crew ejected safely after the cameraman was able
to stow the camera (rather than eject with it in his lap).
The initiator motors are kind of masked by the fireball,
but everything after the impact worked as advertised.

Dave 'I'd rather have a slat departure' Hyde