Old December 7th 18, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Deming Gray

Default LXNAV 8000 OAT Incorrect

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am new to soaring and have acquired a glider with an LXNAV 8000 already installed. I noticed yesterday that the outside temperature (OAT) is incorrect by about 20 degrees F. I placed the probe in a bath of ice water and it read 50 degrees F and responded to temperature changes. I have not found anything in the manual nor on the LXNAV website. Does anyone know where I should go to look for information on this issue? I don't know if the instrument is adjustable, programable or if the probe needs replacment, etc. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks,

Deming