Old September 21st 19, 10:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Kawa rough landing?

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 6:57:12 AM UTC+3, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Staying
safe is almost entirely a matter of operating within your limits, rather than
being highly skilled.

This is so true. Another truth is that pilots peak at their flying skills pretty early. I'm mid-forties and already accepted that my reaction time, memory, capability to observe things, flying string centered all them time etc. are all past prime, even when flying steady 100-200 hrs every single year. Skill of pilot DOES NOT cumulate over decades. All you can improve is the judgement and that includes recognizing that you could outland to a dime 20 years ago after engine failing to start, and cannot do it anymore.