Old December 13th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt.Spacecraft?

wrote in message
On Dec 12, 7:37 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
I figure there is enough expertise in this group to successfully tackle
this challenge...

Now all it takes is money!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceands...2/moon-20.html

I'm in, but -- like most of us -- all I have to offer is time, some
knowledge, and enthusiasm beyond reason.

(I found the Mercury and Gemini information on line, but there never
are any dimensioned drawings of them. How do modelbuilders do it?
Does NASA sell the plans?)

How long do you figure it would take for a committee of homebuilders
with a supply of muzzleloader to build and fly a spacecraft? Hell, how long
would it take to decide on a spacecraft?

We could send out little packages of parts/rivets/glue to millions of
Usenet folks, and have them all sent back for final assembly, kinda like
Boeing is doing.

We could simulate sending parts to some people.

We would need a referee, but it would be fun to watch.

Al G