Old July 4th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross[_1_]

Default Look at the dew point

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Ross" wrote in message

KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.

What's the big deal?

It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW
Arkansas and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from
mowing the lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even
think I would like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.

--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp