Old January 14th 04, 05:39 PM
Paul Sengupta

Also in the UK:

The RAF Museum at Cosford:
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/index.cfm

Yorkshire Air Museum:
http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.co.uk/
Flying in details he
http://www.elvington.biz/

The Shuttleworth collection is at Old Warden:
http://www.shuttleworth.org/default.htm
See Visitor Information for flying in PPR phone number.

Midland Air Museum is at Coventry airport, but I don't know
how you get from the airport to the museum:
http://www.midlandairmuseum.org.uk/location.html
http://www.coventry-airport.co.uk/
Air Atlantique is also based he
http://www.airatlantique.co.uk/ (check out "commercial
ops" as well as "classic flight" as they use "classic" aircraft
for their commercial operation)

The Fleet Air Arm museum is at RNAS Yeovilton.
http://www.fleetairarm.com/
I suspect normal MOD landing fee rates and PPR
apply to fly in.
http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/1945.html

Bournemouth Aviation Museum is at Bournemouth (Hurn)
airport.
http://www.aviation-museum.co.uk/

Bristol Aero Collection is at Kemble Airfield.
http://www.chew76.fsnet.co.uk/
http://www.kemble.com

Bruntingthorpe, home of the Vulcan they're trying to
return to flying condition as well as a good collection
of jets :
http://www.bruntingthorpe.com/aircraft_museum.htm

Wellesbourne Wartime Museum and Vulcan XM655
at Wellesbourne Mountford.
http://www.museum-explorer.org.uk/mu...s_return.php?m
useum=11
http://www.xm655.co.uk/
http://www.wellesbourneairfield.com/

You can fly in to "our" museum at Brookands too, but not for
much longer. The hard runway is being dug up for the new
Daimler-Chrysler development. They may be putting in a grass
runway though (the CEO wants to fly himself in from Germany
in his twin), but it won't be ready for a couple of years.
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.org.uk

Ah, crap, there's just too many. I've just found this:
http://www.greenaway.flyer.co.uk/museums.html
It has a list of all of them!

I can see one glaring omission though, East Fortune, in Scotland:
http://www.nms.ac.uk/flight/
Actually, Bruntingthorpe's not in there either.

Paul

"Ross Younger" wrote in message
Hi Jay,

* Jay Honeck :
Can everyone please scan this list, and MAKE SURE that these are REALLY
"taxi-up" accessible using a G.A. plane?

52. Don't forget the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK
http://www.iwm.org.uk/duxford/