Old May 28th 15, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default Zander 941

Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 15:56 27 May 2015, John Sullivan wrote:
Hi, I have a Zander GP 941, one of the few in the US. It's recording
current flight dates to of occured in 1996.
"Where a FR has already lost the date facility, the solution is to return

the FR for modification to the manufacturer or his agent. The fault is
because the GPS receiver no longer registers the correct GPS date
Epoch, reverting to dates in 1 the first Epoch which started on 6
January 1980 when the US GPS system first went on line after its
development phase.
A GPS date Epoch consists of 1024 weeks (19 years and 36 weeks)
before the next Epoch starts. Where this fault exists the date recorded
is typically 1024 weeks too early, and in some FRs other faults may
also be present. We are now in the second GPS date Epoch. This
started in August 1999 and will change to the third Epoch in April
2019. If the GPS receiver or FR firmware recognizes that it is in the
second date Epoch, the correct date will appear on the IGC file."
Has anyone else been able to overcome this by simply charging the
unit or does the battery have to be replaced. if so who can do it since
Zander has shut down. I love this recorder and the Zander ZS1.
Someone should create a next gen with nice big moving map display.
John Sullivan - UFO

Have you tried cantacting Franz Pöschl at
http://www.sdi-variometer.de/user/kontakt.html

The same thing is happening it model20/25s as well as volkslogger schism is
a bug in the Garmin gps25 embedded in these devices. Probably your best bet
would be to invest in a nano or similar.

Peter owner of a functional model25 and a bricked volkslogger