Old October 7th 20, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default As heard on 123.3........

About 20 years ago our beloved, local character Tony Benson (P4) was up on a beautiful late summer day in his ASW-20. Suddenly, a panicked call from one of the other gliders (44), an LS3 (now El Bondo) comes over the radio.

44 (tense): Tony, something just let go in the glider, there was a huge bang.
P4 (calm): 44, can you fly straight and level.
44 (tense): I think so, but something broke. Oh my God.
P4 (calm): Keep everything steady. Where are the flaps.
44 (very tense): I was thermalling. Oh my God.
P4 (calm): Okay, well can you go to neutral?
44 (super tense): I don't know.
...... This goes on for several more iterations, as P4 talks 44 down off the ledge and gets him comfortable that the airplane is still totally contrallable.
P4 (calm): By the way, if this doesn't work out, can I have the trailer?

Post script. It was just a trim spring that let go with a big "ca-boing".

P3

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 4:17:51 PM UTC-4, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!