Old February 5th 05, 12:04 AM
Daniel L. Lieberman

The Garmin 12v charger cable can be plugged into the lighter socket in a
higher voltage system since, according to Garmin it has a built-in voltage
regulator.

I just received my 3600A and am pleased with it but haven't flown with it
yet. The screen is readable. I picked Garmin because of the terrain
awareness feature and the useabiity as a PDA.

wrote in message
In rec.aviation.owning Juan Jimenez wrote:
x-no-archive: yes

If you own a Garmin iQue 3600a (not the plain 3600) or a Lowrance 2000c,
I'd
like to hear your opinion and comments on these units... good, bad or
neutral.

email me at

I don't have either yet, but...

The Garmin has internal rechargable batteries. After several e-mail
exchanges with Garmin, it appears they have an AC charger and a 12V
charger cable; no 24V cable now or planned.

The Lowrance runs off 4 AA batteries or 5V to 35V via a provided adapter
cable.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.