Old February 24th 04, 03:01 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I have wet pumps... I have air/oil separators consisting of a one quart
mason jar, on each engine... Oil on the belly is not a major problem.. I
see that there is once again an stc separator available (AirWolfe)
denny
"smackey" wrote in message
m...
I'm wondering just how bad or how much hassle the oily belly is. I
guess it's a matter of personal tolerance.
Am I correct in assuming that cost is the only "real" factor in
deciding not to get a wet pump? Even at that, I'm surprised that so
few wet pumps are apparantly in use, especially considering the risks
associated with the dry ones. It seems that the safety difference as
described in the common literature would so far outweigh the cost
factor that cost can't be the only reason explaing why the dry pump is
so prevalent.