Old August 6th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Logging Glider Flight Time

On Monday, August 6, 2012 11:52:28 AM UTC-5, RN wrote:
Should a new student start loggin his glider flight time in hours and

minutes or hours and tenths of hours.

What is most popular where you fly?

How do you do it?

Advantages and disadvantages?

Your comments will be appreciated.

For about 10 years now I use a home-made Excel spreadsheet for logging. I just transfer the flight times from the SeeYou statistics page into the spreadsheet in hours:minutes:seconds
Excel will nicely add up the YTD total and the grand total over many individual sheets.
Short and local flight: just don't log them, except of course in your glider logbook.
Herb J7