Old November 24th 14, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

Default Cambridge 302 and GPS-NAV owners - IMPORTANT NEWS

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:05:06 -0800, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:

FWIW. I just powered my 302 up. The 303 first showed 1/2005 for the
date on the 303 display. Then the 302 went to a 3 bar display and the
303 changed dates to 4/08/95 date.
I did leave it on for 30 minutes and then powered off and back on. No
change in date...4/08/95. So, its new battery time.

Good job and thanks Paul for the news update.

Best, #711.

So there seems to be two lithiums in there, one for the electronic seal
and one for the GPS. If you're returning a 302 for the GPS issue, I'd
suggest changing both of them. The older models let a user change the
security one himself if external power was applied, but don't think
that's an option with the 302. The older models also show battery
voltage on powerup, giving plenty of warning that replacement is needed.

I sent my 302 in last winter, due to the gain on the ENL circuit somehow
getting set to 0, and asked for the lithium battery to be replaced. The
email back and forth with Gary just mentions the one battery, but I see
on the invoice he said 'batteries' replaced, so maybe he actually did
both.

Dave