Old July 19th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dana M. Hague

Default Military Air Fields

When I worked at NAEC Lakehurst some 20 years ago, I wanted to land my
T-Craft there and at Pax River and NADC Warminster, where I often had
to go. I needed a damm good reason, advance permission, and
$1,000,000 liability insurance... not worth the hassle.

If I didn't have my own plane, I would have joined the base aero
club... they had a T-34 and being based there, it could land at any
military field.

-Dana

On 19 Jul 2006 07:09:56 -0700, "Paul kgyy"
wrote:

Military airfields are shown on charts just like any other airport,
with no indication that they are prohibited or restricted.

What is the rule with these? Can I just land there as long as I
establish tower contact? Or is the chart depiction present only for
emergency purposes?

Sorry for the (probably) dumb question, but seems like something I
ought to know :-)

If replying by email, please make the obvious changes.
Do YOU trust a government that won't obey it's OWN LAWS?