Old November 5th 03, 09:51 PM
'Vejita' S. Cousin

In article , Roy Smith wrote:
When I paid my bill, I was astounded when they tacked on a few extra
bucks to cover credit card transaction fees! It wasn't a whole lot of
money, but I've never heard of anybody ever doing anything like that.
I didn't even think it was legal.

It's done but not a common practice. The University of Washington
(where I'm a student) charges $4 processing fees for payments below $250
and a $20+ (forget exact amount) fee for credit card payments above that.
Most busniess eat the fees (ie. pass it along in hidden costs) for
processing and eqp. Some don't. It's crap either way thou...