Old June 24th 08, 02:54 PM
rotor&wing rotor&wing is offline
Member

Location: florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newps View Post
This is also why owners with constant
speed props are told to always reduce manifold pressure first. If you
are at 800 psi with everything wide open and you reduce rpm you have
made the situation worse. The engine stays at the high pressures
longer, and at a different spot relative to top dead center, because
you just made the engine turn slower. All bad.
Welcome once again to "Amateur Hour".

Funny thing, most of the radial engines I've flown, not to mention GTSIO-520's and TSIO-540's always operate at high MP versus low RPM.

Please show me in a POH where it specifically says "Do not reduce RPM before MP."