Old February 10th 19, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Moswey lll

On 2/10/2019 11:30 AM, David Alchin wrote:
Hi Guy's, I do not fly full size gliders but an avid R/C flyer/builder
currently building the Moswey lll in 1/3 scale size and have a question
that you may be able to answer.

My question concerns scale fidelity in so far as pictures of the full size
in my opinion clearly show the tail flying surfaces as being stitched and
pinked tape covered ?

I do believe some sailplanes I suspect aerobatic as is the Moswey used this
now dying art method but I can not find any literature to support this
conjecture added to which my fellow R/C scale nuts in the UK don't believe
I am correct.

I also found a picture that looks as if there may also be stitching on the
underside of the wing from the root rib out to the beginning of the
ailerons.

Any information you may have preferably confirming my comments I would
appreciate

Justin Case you haven't already, contacting the Vintage Sailplane Association
may prove helpful. I'm fairly certain at least one Swiss-painted Moswey III
has been restored to flying status. I'm pretty certain VSA has access to some
original construction documentation for various sailplane types from that era.

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com