Old February 12th 19, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Alchin

Default Moswey lll

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 1:30:09 PM UTC-5, David Alchin wrote:
Hi Guy's, I do not fly full size gliders but an avid R/C flyer/builder currently building the Moswey lll in 1/3 scale size and have a question that you may be able to answer.

My question concerns scale fidelity in so far as pictures of the full size in my opinion clearly show the tail flying surfaces as being stitched and pinked tape covered ?

I do believe some sailplanes I suspect aerobatic as is the Moswey used this now dying art method but I can not find any literature to support this conjecture added to which my fellow R/C scale nuts in the UK don't believe I am correct.

I also found a picture that looks as if there may also be stitching on the underside of the wing from the root rib out to the beginning of the ailerons.

Any information you may have preferably confirming my comments I would appreciate

FYI scale modeler's only simulate stitching on their models

Eagerly awaiting confirmation I can use for an ego trip!

David Alchin AKA Da Glider Guy

Hi Rick, whilst the old adage your never to old to learn is great at 88 don't think I could cut it! I live in Ocala home of the retiree's you must see the AMA magazine we well the owner has had an add in there for many years the only problem of a club membership 164 I am the lone sailplane builder and the glider interest which I haver tried to promote for the past three years is minimal. My last sailplane still unpainted was a Chris Williams design 1/3 scale Rhonadler We only have a Rouge SUV so carting models around is problematical I quit driving 6 years ago I figured the public were safer if I didn't drive not that I can't its something that old folks should take seriously concentration to often particularly here in Florida old folk drive slow, erratically, hunched over a steering wheel Uk! here's the thing when I moved to Ocala three years ago I renewed my license guess what its valid until I'm 90!!!!!!! Good luck with Toledo happy flying safe landings Dave PS I have a build log on RCG Moswey lll scale sailplanes