Old February 12th 19, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Testing a TruTrak Pictorial Turn & Bank indicator on the ground?

What Evan said.Â* You could place it on a turn table, lazy susan, etc.,
and spin it slowly and it should respond correctly.Â* It's a turn
indicator, like a needle/ball instrument without the ball, IIRC.Â* I used
to have one and I only connected the power (through a toggle switch) and
ground when I had one.Â* BTW, I was not sufficiently impressed with it to
consider cloud flying and I've done a lot of that in powered planes
(needle, ball, airspeed).

On 2/12/2019 4:38 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 8:24:00 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:

Setting the unit on a level table, the 'horizon' matches the wingspan icon. Tilt and hold unit at 45 degrees and the stepper motor adjusts the 'horizon' to match the wingspan icon. Tilt unit back to level and the stepper moves the 'horizon' back to match the wingspan icon. Same for the opposite tilt. (The wingspan icon is fixed on the glass of the instrument. The 'horizon' is rotated by the stepper motor.)

It's a turn gyro, not a horizon reference. Figure it out.

T8

--
Dan, 5J