Old July 4th 14, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Schleicher Power/Solar rotary switch specs?

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:32:44 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
But you probably would prefer to charge only the battery (or batteries) you used, not all of them?

The multi-position rotary switch is nice. If you need to add another battery, no new switches are required.

Jim

Jim - I'd preserve the multi-position rotary switch that controls which battery the solar system is charging. AFAIK, that switch just ties into the supply wires for the "main" power switch (the one that he's suggesting I get rid of entirely). I'm a neophyte when it comes to electronics that aren't measured in bits and bytes; but I think that as long as the Schottky diodes are "downstream" of the charging wires, I should be OK.

What I'm not convinced of, is whether having all of the batteries ganged together in parallel could result in a charge imbalance (similar to when individual cells in a battery-pack wind up with imbalanced states of charge - although those are typically wired in series, not in parallel).