Old July 21st 04, 05:12 PM
Icebound

"Peter" wrote in message

I think I understand the reasoning behind Va, the max maneuvering
speed, being that the wing will stall (and thus dispose of the
because at any given IAS a higher weight takes the aircraft closer to
stall already.

So, how is it possible to have aircraft destruction due to weather,
e.g. flying into a strong updraught in a CB, if flying below Va?

Flying into an updraught (updraft) in a CB can cause destruction for other
reasons that just the consideration of Va.

The windshear may put the aircraft into an unusual attitude from which
recovery may be impossible before, say, Vne is exceeded.