Old July 23rd 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Gough[_2_]

Default PW-5 PW-6 'stiff' rudder pedals

We fly two PW-6's at Cotswold Gliding Club with generally no rudder
problems. Can you feel any undue resistance or friction when you move the
rudder from side to side by hand? Also - have you had a good check for
loose articles in the front rudder pedal assembly and under the seats?

Chris

At 18:31 22 July 2012, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:39:15 -0700, son_of_flubber wrote:

Coming from SGS and Blanik glider experience, the rudder pedals in a
PW-6 seem "stiff" to me.

1.Are the rudder pedals in a PW-5 likewise stiff?

Its a while since I flew a one, but I don't remember any stiffness. IIRC
all controls felt as free and responsive as one of my club's SZD Juniors
or the Std Libelle I flew shortly after getting out of the PW-5.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK