Old July 24th 12, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default PW-5 PW-6 'stiff' rudder pedals

On Monday, July 23, 2012 2:22:38 PM UTC-4, Chris Gough wrote:
Can you feel any undue resistance or friction when you move the
rudder from side to side by hand?

Not tried that yet. The owner of the PW6 gave me a ride because I'm thinking about getting a PW5.

Also - have you had a good check for
loose articles in the front rudder pedal assembly and under the seats?

The owner is under the impression that this is normal for the type. He attributes it to a strong spring in the rudder mechanism. Perhaps the spring that centers the rudder?