Old August 22nd 03, 07:25 PM
Justin Case

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:30:03 -0500, "James M. Knox"
wrote:

Justin Case wrote in
:

Had a very tough time with AmeriKing. An ELT failed 3 days prior to
the expiration of the warranty. A call was made to AmeriKing (or
should I say ChungKing) and they said not to worry, send it in with
the original sales slip. Two weeks later we received a call from
*&^%King saying the unit was out of warranty since it arrived there 2
days after the warranty expired (UPS ground). When we explained the
situation, along with the name of the person to whom we spoke, Mr.
King said NO!

That is NOT normal for warranty. The date is that when the problem was
reported, not when the unit arrives (providing it arrives in a reasonable
and timely fashion). Unfortunately, the amount of money may not be worth
fighting over, but I think Ameri-King has a pretty weak case.

Tell me about it! What you say is the norm, so we didn't worry about
anything. Unfortunately the dirty deed was done long before we were
all aware of it. Taken into consideration that the owner would rather
pay than fight, that's exactly what he did. He needed to get back
into the air for some type of volunteer angel flight (or on the same
par). If we would have known of the outcome, it would have been
easier to buy new from Spruce, sell the accy's on Ebay and go merrily
along with new warranty (fingers crossed). I'm not the only one
that's had problems with the zipper heads out there but I can tell you
I won't have any more. Just won't use them!

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721