Old October 21st 04, 01:07 AM
Dude

I don't know for sure, but I think they mean policies for pilots looking to
step up to the next level of airplane.

For example, a Mooney pilot with 500 hours, 200 complex, wants to buy a
twin. A step up policy would have a requirement for training before solo
pilot, or PIC with passengers would be covered.

There seems to be a trend where no one wants to cover a twin owner without
lots of twin hours. At the same time, many schools are no longer renting
their twins without instructors on board because they get a break that way.

If this keeps up, twin prices will plummet even further.

"Dave S" wrote in message
ink.net...

Jim Burns wrote:
(SNIP)
Global wouldn't quote us at all, they said they didn't do step up
policies.
London wouldn't quote us, they said they didn't do step up policies.

(SNIP)

Jim

Not to sound ignorant, but I am unfamiliar with the term "Step up
policies" in this context? Anyone care to expand?

Dave