Old March 21st 18, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Looking for a source for this rear view mirror

At 18:43 21 March 2018, Gianni Isotope wrote:
Without intending to spark a debate on the pros, cons, and

potential
hazard=
s of having a rear view mirror in a glider, does anyone know a

source for
t=
he mirror shown in the attached photo, which I came across on

Facebook (no
=
response from the one who posted the photo):

https://www.facebook.com/stefly.aero....1153337094768

631/1153329091=
436098

Thanks,

Jordan

I have one that looks like that on my car. I believe I got it from one
of our USA chain auto parts stores (Autozone or Advanced Auto). It
has a wedge shaped plastic base and the mirror is somewhat convex
providing sort of a wide angle field of view. The wedge shape back
allows for sticking it on the corner of the larger side view mirror in
order to cover a blind spot which the OEM mirror fails to cover. Try
Googling "blind spot mirror". Here is the one I'm talking about:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...e-spot-mirror-
cw072/6210197-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=6210197-
P&adtype=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5x9okmWz vCwoW
6ZHxYy3FeuFxcM7v6JRutGxyGxoEcKs9ak_B6YwOgBoC67gQAv D_Bw
E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Warning - whatever you see in this kind of mirror will be a lot closer
that it looks..... I used them for several years in my Discus-b.

RO