Old March 23rd 18, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 9:53:03 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
But why would anyone do that when he can have perfect uncorrected
distant vision and simply wear clear vision sunglasses with a bifocal
reader built in.Â* Seems silly, or maybe just vain, to me to go through
the suggested "alternatives".

On 3/22/2018 10:08 AM, jfitch wrote:
I've tried a mono vision contact lens, and thought it gave up quite a bit of far visual acuity. Of course a pilot can fly with just one eye, so again it depends. I know several pilots who have had monovision Lasik correction (one eye corrected for near vision).

--
Dan, 5J

I agree with you for flying, when sunglasses might be necessary anyway, in the rest of life glasses are a serious pain in the ass.