Old February 25th 20, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Comparing Nano 4 with Colibri X

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 9:00:28 AM UTC-8, Stephen Szikora wrote:
On the Cumulus Soaring website, it described the Nano 4 map as North Up only. Yet the most recent manual from LXNav says you can select North Up or Track Up. I wonder if updated firmware allows the Track Up option now. Does anyone know? I also read the Colibri X manual and it does specify Track Up only. It seems to me that Track Up is the only way any us us would want to fly. Any opinions one way or the other? Lastly, does anyone know what the orientation is for the limited mapping capability of the Nano 3? The manual never mentions this but I suspect it is North Up only. I’m new to moving maps and want to pick something up for use in club ships. Thanks.

I have a 2017 model Nano4. It has options for Track up and North up.
Best regards,
Craig
JN