Old February 25th 20, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Comparing Nano 4 with Colibri X

" It seems to me that Track Up is the only way any us us would want to fly."

There are split opinions on this. A majority of the cross country pilots I have asked prefer north up, as do I. In north up I can relate what I see on the moving map to what I saw on the paper chart when I was planning the flight and to what I see on it if I need to consult it in flight.

A rotating moving map is no use to anyone - but most systems offer an intermediate option of track up in the cruise, north up when circling.