Old November 5th 04, 05:58 PM
Bill Daniels

A CG hook is a disadvantage only if you never plan to winch launch.

I was shown at rig made with PVC plumbing pipe for just such a situation.
it worked like a saw horse with a carpeted top and could be broken down for
storage in the glider trailer. Starting with the wings close to level is a
big help.

I don't think I would try a CG hook, wing-on-the-ground start with my Nimbus

Bill Daniels

"Jerz Rossignol" wrote in message
m...
Hi Guys,

I'm curious if any of you guys have ever tried to self launch with no
wing man on a cg hook only glider. I have skids on my wingtips as
well. Would you put the wing that's on the ground further forward at
start? What's the technique!!
I think this is why having a cg hook is a disadvantage.

Regards,

Jerz