Old August 20th 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman[_2_]

Default the DC-3

On Aug 19, 10:32 pm, "Friedrich Ostertag"
wrote:
Kevin Clarke wrote:
I was not a pilot on 9/11/01 so I wasn't in the community when this
stupidity went into effect. Why aren't people screaming about this?

They are. Those people that are affected by it. But they are only a small
number, so even screaming they don't make a lot of noise.

This is how democracy works nowadays: Find something to scare people, then
suggest a solution which only effects few. Bonus points if those affected
are perceived as wealthy in the general public. Whether the solution
actually works or even contributes to solve the problem is not a factor.

It makes you think, if even a honest attempt to install democracy in third
world countries is really such a great idea...

aviation content: I will be travelling through Nevada/Arizona/Utah in
September (by Car/Campervan), and would like to do a sightseeing flight or
two over the spectacular scenery there (as a passenger). I guess there must
be quite a few businesses offering such flights. I know there is a number of
companies offering flights over Grand Canyon. Would anyone recommend a
particular business, that does such flights? Any particular flight? What
should I look for? What should I avoid?

regards,
Friedrich

If you are going to be in either Sedona, AZ or anywhere near Las
Vegas, NV you can book scenic flights to the GC from either town.

Sedona gets an extra vote simply because the scenery around it is
worth seeing from the air as well.

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/image/55296514
http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/image/55301883
http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/image/55301237