Old October 29th 14, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where is the LX S80?

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:00:05 AM UTC-7, Jim White wrote:
All very interesting but I would bet that Seb Kawa could beat us all with
just a simple winter vario.

He most likely would, and easily. But he still loves his Butterfly vario. Below is a quote from an interview with him, about his observations during the EGC in Vinon. The value of the inertially derived real-time vector wind is just beginning to be understood because it is so new. It sheds light into the microstructure of the airmass. I most definitely will be installing something like this in my next glider.

David

Source: https://www.facebook.com/air.avionic...46343178758534

".. it helped very much and not only in wave. The indication changed very quick and you could get extra information about convergencies, and wave spots in the way it was not possible before. Example - flying near the thermal I was able to notice that the wind was changing towards the thermal. In the thermal wind was still. After such experience I was turning according to the updated wind dirrection and it proved that the lift was in that direction.