Old December 18th 04, 07:07 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Jon Kraus wrote:
Well I have only been an airplane owner for a few months but so far
owning is more expensive than renting.

Absolutely. A big part of the savings for me would have been not flying
the trips I wanted to fly with a rental due to availability! Plus, with
no expectation of being able to go on multi-day trips I probably wouldn't
have gotten my instrument rating.

There's no way it will work out for you over a few months. I think I've
come close to breaking even vs theoretical renting over the last calendar
year. Of course if I follow through on my plans to install new side windows
and a 6-channel egt/cht + fuel flow instrument then I will be in the red
for sure!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/