Old January 2nd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Book recommendations on weather please

Hi,

I have several good aviation weather books in stock he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...ct.htm#Weather

I stock the books by Piggott and Bradbury that you mentioned below. The
Bradbury book is much more complete. The Piggott book is much smaller in
size. They are both pretty inexpensive.

I ship books to Australia often - especially now with the value of the US
dollar being low. If you are curious about the shipping costs, start
entering an order and the web site will give pretty good shipping cost
estimates.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"smithcorp" wrote in message
G'day

I'm a student glider pilot, just post-solo, looking for a good book on
meteorology for gliding that my wife can give me for my birthday.
Since Wallington's Meteorology for Glider Pilots is out of print and
available copies are prohibitively expensive, I'd appreciate
recommendations for other books that could help me learn about weather
for soaring.

A bit of googling turned up two books that may be available here in
Australia, including Bradbury's Meteorology and Flight and Piggott's
Understanding Flying Weather. Which of these would be best for a
student, or can you recommend others please?

thanks in advance