Old August 11th 05, 05:18 AM
Gord Beaman

"JD" wrote:

Many years ago, I flew into Hamilton, I believe Mount something or other to
fly an airshow. Got in a few days in early as I had friends in Toronto. 1st
day there, I got to go up in the Canadian Warbird Heritage Museum's Lanc.
No stick time but did notice the high wing lift and the landing we made has
a very long roll out. The pilot explained to me that the gear and tires we
a bit touchy on landings.

If I recall, they lost that bird in a mishap.

Jake

Well, I don't think we lost it Jake (I certainly hope not at
least). That's the Mynarski Lanc and it's one of the last two
flyable Lancasters left in the world. The other one is in
England. You're quite lucky to have gotten a 'flip' in it sir!...
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)