Old October 12th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Paid CFIGs/Tow Pilots in Club Setting

On Oct 12, 8:51 am, wrote:
The only part of power flying that i've ever heard of that involves
free instruction is desperate young time building CFI's. In general
the practice is looked upon in a poor light.

Well I, for one, have given many hours of airplane flight instruction
for free or a couple of beers per flight. I'm not trying to make a
living at it as I make a good salary as an aerospace engineer. I'm
also not deperate to build time although I would like to have a few
more multi and tubine hours in my log. No, I just like to fly with
friends because I enjoy it and I have given several of them tailwheel
training, flight reviews, and checkouts in new types. Also trained
and signed off a few tow pilots along the way. That's not to say I
have never charged for flight instruction, I have. Just saying that
instructing without charging is probably not that unusual.

Andy