Old December 19th 03, 03:48 PM
Steve Zadarnowski

(Steve Dufour) wrote:

Toronto Star

Software, GPS give flying car fresh momentum
And a Canadian is idea's big dreamer

[...]

His dad once used the tail rotor to cool 100,000 chicken
eggs when the power went out on the farm incubator.

So that's where Moller got his engineering expertise.
As we all know, eggs need to be kept cool. Thank god
we have science writers like this to ensure we can
all hope for a speedy production of the flying car.

That said, well-off people who buy luxury items today are likely to be
the first to place a Skycar order. Don't be surprised if California
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who owns several military-style
Hummers, puts down his $100,000 deposit on the first generation of
Skycar, which is expected to cost $1 million when available.

Jesus. Who in their right mind is going to sit a half mile in
the sky in a vehicle that is just a brick with some fans? I'd
be waiting a few years to see how the 'fallout' pans out.

Still, if Moller himself can do a 100 mile round trip, that
might sell it to some bravish souls.

I would sincerely hope that these things include full-vehicle
parachute when it all goes wrong. Everything falls out of
the sky and these are ripe for it. The control software will
need to be flawless and capable of setting right some pretty
alarming situations.

Remove the Zees to Reply...