Old July 23rd 03, 03:22 AM
Bill Higdon

yes but most transponders are base 8 (numbers go 0-7).
I suspect it's some thing from the Viet Nam era "sensor programs"
Bill Higdon
Richard Riley wrote:
Without knowing *anything* about it, the numbers sure call to mind a
transponder IFF kind of thing.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:06:31 +0200, "- = krusty = -"
wrote:

:Hi John,
:
:Thanks...you got me a bit confused as I read every word on that page and
:couldn't find anything relating to this product. I have emailed the guy who
:runs the site and I'll see if he's as helpful as you! g
:
:If you'd like, here is a link to a pic of the front of the device:
:http://www.surplusshed.com/photo.cfm?ID=R1445_1
:
:I picked it up for next to nothing from these guys as I figured the
:electronics would be useful if nothing else came of it, but I'd like to see
:what i can do with it before ripping it's guts out.
:
:Thanks for your help!
:
:-chris. (we're on first name basis now :-))
:
:
:"Big John" wrote in message
.. .
: Krusty
:
: Sorry I dupped the reply on site address by Richard.
:
: Did you try to contact the guy who made the site? In my quick scan it
: sounded like he knows a lot about what Resdel manufactured and may be
: collecting some of it?
:
: Your unit sounds like some of the stuff that McNamara authorized to
: monitor the trail in VN. He built a massive electronic system (big $)
: to detect and locate movement down the trail. Things like dog turds
: with radio transmitters in them, etc. System didn't work.
:
: In that time frame anyone with an idea was funded and stuff shipped
: over to try. Good friend of mine was involved in some of those 'black'
: projects.
:
: Keep looking.
:
: Big John
:
:
: On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:45:48 -0500, Big John
: wrote:
:
: Krusty
:
: Sounds like you didn't drill far enough down to find the site I was
: talking about?
:
: I just went there and it is still up. Try the following which is what
: shows when I am on the site:
:
: Http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/GSQ160/USQ_RX.shtml
:
: This link also works for me when clicked on.
:
: What they manufactured sounds like what you have?
:
: Look and let us know if this is your equipment and what it did in VN.
:
: Think there is some contact info on the guy who posted the data on
: site who you can contact for detailed info?
:
: Let us now if you find the site and how and if it covers your
: equipment.
:
: Big John
:
:
: On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:26:16 +0200, "- = krusty = -"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Big John" wrote in message
: . ..
: Krusty
:
: 1. Go to Google
: 2. Search for "resdel".
: 3. Dig down to: " USQ - Radio Frequency Monitor Sets" and open.
:
: Resdel Engineering
: Pasadena, CA
:
: Read and see if what they manufactured is what you have.
:
: Let us know if this checks out G
:
: Big John - Friend to all (except my enemies)
:
:
: Thanks Big John,
:
: but alas, no luck there. This unit is about 2.5" (W) x 1" (H) x 1'
Deep)
:
: It has 4 dials on the front panel, the first of the four can be 0 or 1
:and
: the others can go 0 through 9.
:
: It has 2 rather complicated connectors on the back and I think it's
:designed
: to slide into a tray.
:
: I'm trying to get hold of Resdel, but Google isn't helping much here.
:
: Thanks anyway!
:
: -c.