Old September 22nd 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default What's gonna happen to CAP?

While I was in CAP in Washington, the State Aeronautics Commission (SAC) was
the primary contact for Air Force Rescue Coordination Center (AFRCC).
However, unless the area was well populated the SAC turned the actual
execution of the search over to CAP. SAC acted as a dotted line reporting
point for CAP once that happened. For searches in the Seattle basin, the
local PD helicopters were used since these were typically ELTs. For searches
outside the populated areas, CAP carried the ball.

I sounds to me like newps is a bit resentful of CAP based on his comments
about "silly rules" and "nationally administered organization" among others.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"John Clear" wrote in message
In article ,
R. Gardner wrote:
So you monitor the satalites that recieve the ELT data not USAF? Last I
heard there is still a Montana Wing.

USAF has a list of who to call on a state by state basis. IIRC,
Washington also doesn't use CAP for air search, preferring to do
it themselves.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/