Old April 26th 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kangarooistan /peramangk

Default Flying camels

On Apr 26, 12:07 pm, clint wrote:
they poop everywhere no way!
kangarooistan /peramangk brought next idea :

I was wondering if it may be possible to set up a weekly flight with
several hundred live camels , av 500 kg each, standing 3 meters
tall , , from outback Australia , into Egypt , Pakistan . or such
countries

OK , lets try a bit more specific question

If you wanted to fly regular loads of live camels to the middle east

Which type of air plane would you look at and where wold you start
looking and how much would you expect to pay for a good quality LARGE
work horse type plane with no frills , but reliable ,

Q 2

What is the range of weight a big plane can carry over a long distance
of several thousand km , possibly need to be able to make Egypt with
only one stop , but perhaps 2 or 3 stops if need be

Yes I know it will be a lot of money , but thats what i seek to find
out , to see at what stage it may be possible , or not

Assume 100 camels weigh 50 tons , and several thousand km flying range
minimum

possibly double would be better if possible

do you know where I might look online to buy or check prices of such a
plane ??

I assume it would need to pass tests to meet Australian aviation rules
and any licences , but Im a long way from that at this stage , still
checking the viability of the concept

many thanks

kanga
=====