Old February 16th 10, 11:03 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default They call it the impossible turn.

In article ,
says...

Mxsmanic wrote:

What about them? They are vastly outnumbered by incidents that result
in fatalities.

Can you back that up with facts and figures? I suggest you claim this
purely because it's the fatals that you hear about every time. You
don't always hear about the ones that aren't fatal.
Crash Lander

I've asked him several times but he just comes back with the usual MX
pretensious rhetoric. I strongly disagreed with his assertion that

"
Then many pilots must not be training enough, because they misjudge that
point all the time.
"

I disagree and think most (real) pilots do as we are trained to do - and
land ahead.

Me? (300hrs) - I wouldn't even consider turning back - unless I was up
around circuit altitude. If I was pressed for a figure, OK, 700' AGL
(C172P). (Of course, there are many variables - but mainly the field
itself, and what's off and to the side of each end)

--
Duncan.