Old January 29th 15, 01:49 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl[_3_]

Default Interesting picture Yorktown in reverse, landing plane

On 1/28/2015 5:19 PM, John Weiss wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Here is what is to me an interesting picture,
the USS Yorktown is sailing in reverse, the aft end of
her flight deck is full, and a airplane is preparing to
land, flying in over her bow.

http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/021019.jpg

That might be true except this Pic is photshopped. The wake
doesn't fit the rest of the picture.

Wake looks consistent to me...

I blew it up and checked where the wake meets the ship.

The pic pixellates so badly that it is difficult to detect any
photoshopping. I can see nothing that shouts out "fake". The shadows
from the clouds are consistent, and don't suggest the ship or
background was reversed.

The only difference is the wake versus the rest of the picture. The
wake has a different pixel compared to the rest of the picture.

They were pretty good but should have blended a bit better. Of course,
it does take an eye to see it. I work in quite a bit of graphics and
know how to sneak it past. The problem is, there are people out there
even better at it than I am and while 99.999% won't see it the .001%
will pick up on it.

--
Visit http://droopyvids.com for free TV and Movies. One of
the Largest Collections of Public Domain and Classic TV on