Old July 16th 17, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

New "bumper" product announcement:

The ramp sliders on my 2002 Cobra trailer were metal on metal, bolt threads gouged the extruded aluminum floor rails and there was metal on metal wear.. Some later trailers have plastic washers, but those don't last or work well either. I made plastic sliders for my trailer a decade ago. They worked well but the design was not suited for easy consumer installation and I back burnered the idea. That is, until one owner pestered me for 3 years! :c).

The SRS (smooth ramp slider) kit uses a machined one piece slider of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW PE). This material is almost as slippery as Teflon, and when it comes to abrasion resistance, is better than steel for many applications. One inch will stop a .45 ACP round (though I have yet to personally test this particular claim). Installation is easy, 20 minutes. The ramp moves as smooth as oil on glass.

The SRS kit is available now in limited quantities. I announced it last week on a glider model specific forum and had orders for 16 the first day - so I'm concerned with getting swamped (I have 20 kits available now and will make more). Price is $35 plus $4 shipping to USA, $12 shipping to other countries.

(insert my 6 letter "car part" name) @frontier.com for installation instructions, questions, and ordering info. Please include "SRS" in the title of your email.

I'll see if I can make this Google picture link work (the link is long, but when I copy and paste it into the search bar it works for me). If it doesn't work, you can ask for a picture if you email me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/S8...3=w851-h638-no

bumper

MKIV "high tech" yaw string & Quiet Vent
zz
Minden