Old January 14th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:46:07 GMT, "Wendy" wrote in
et::

What if we made the boarder [sic] area a MOA instead of a TFR?

Then VFR traffic would be subject to conflicting UAV traffic that is
incapable of complying with FAA see-and-avoid regulations.

Seems to me the risk of a mid-air is much higher flying through an active
MOA (which is currently allowed) with a manned fighter jet moving at
tactical speeds than it is with a slow moving UAV (even though it's

Be that as it may, the manned fighter jet's pilot is capable of
complying with FAA see-and-avoid regulations.

However, military pilots just disregard federal regulations
occasionally:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e=source&hl=en

Here's some background on the subject of UAV operations in the NAS:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...de=print&hl=en