Old January 22nd 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Sally Grozmano

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

Ron Natalie wrote in news:45b5151e$0$28100
:

Jim Macklin wrote:
Just ask the FAA, statistics must be reported.

But like most FAA enforcement, investigations follow
accidents. They don't have convictions or civil penalties
for dead pilots, although there may be torts for innocent
losses.

Doesn't need to be a dead pilot, just a fatal accident (someone
other than the pilot may have died)...

Just to reiterate what I said before, if I am involved in an accident where
someone dies, the last thing on my mind is going to be financial penalties.
That would haunt me for the rest of my life (whether I was at fault or
not). My main concern is getting my ticket, and slapped with a huge fine
from the FAA finding out about my ommisions through other channels
(insurance, DEA, etc).