Old May 24th 12, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Crunch Alert (USA) - not Mifflin

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:53:18 PM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:02:56 PM UTC-7, Renny wrote:
On May 21, 9:58*pm, Ramy wrote:
Does anyone have more information on this accident? Where was the flight originated from?

Ramy

The preliminary accident report is now on the NTSB website.....
Thx - Renny

http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/Acciden...2012120000.pdf

Reading the description, and in light of recent incident, I can't help but ask myself if this could be another broken rudder cable? A broken rudder cable with spring mechanism at low altitude could end just like that.

Ramy

Steep bank, followed by pitch up, doesn't sound to me to be yaw related.
Yaw failure would most likely result in spiral or spin response with nose going down.
Jammed roll control, followed by pulling to try to keep the nose up is as likely.
That's why we can't solve these on RAS.
UH