Old January 26th 12, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johngalloway[_3_]

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Jan 26, 8:08*pm, Brad wrote:
On Jan 26, 12:07*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:

On Jan 26, 12:14*pm, wrote:

On Jan 25, 12:15*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

I have just added the new Butterfly Vario to my web site. *It is a very
impressive new vario with FLARM display (when attached to a FLARM), GPS
flight recorder, simple navigation, simple final glide, artificial horizon,
and many other very nice features. *You can see details hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

It will be worth informing your customers that fly in US sanctioned
contests that this instrument, as described, will not
be legal for use in US contests due to the incorporation of the
artificial horizon.
UH

I raised the same issue when I first read about it and was told that
the horizon feature can be disabled for use in sanctioned contests.

It looks like a very interesting new instrument and I'm looking
forward to hearing some flight reviews.

Mike

I would like to see some real images of it, the CAD renderings are
cool, but nothing like seeing the "real" unit.

Brad

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater