Old August 11th 03, 11:44 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(Nathan Young) wrote:

I have rented space in a 40x40 hangar for the last few years, and am
planning on purchasing a t-hangar in the near future.

I would appreciate comments on desireable things to look for in a
hangar.

3. Water-tight. If it leaks - what's the point of having one?

Also note if water can drain into the hangar under the door.
If the tarmac isn't lower than the threshold, melting snow can
get under the door and then freeze. This can be very hard to see
and also very slippery. The guy next to me had it happen to him.
It took him several months to recover from the back injury.

6. Electricity (a must), but multiple outlets would be nice.

yeah. Having more than 1 15 amp circuit would be nice.

Last, are there any websites that list dimensions of GA aircraft? I
know the T-hangar will fit my short-winged PA28, but I am curious
about bigger singles and light twins.

40' is big enough, but it's still a bit tight. I had my cherokee 140
in a 40' hangar and it was a bit tight getting around the wing.
My current hangar is 42' or 44'. Much roomier.

be aware of how far back to push the aircraft. Some people put
block/chocks on the floor to prevent the aircraft from going too
far back. Some have suspended a tennis ball to give a mark.

good luck

--
Bob Noel