Old June 8th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Rare fatal CH-801 crash

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Previously, I knew of only one other CH-801 crash resulting in
fatalities. Here's one that just happened, and as far as I can tell, had
they been doing testing "by the book" I think only one fatality would
have resulted, all else being unchanged:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n... 172922&rfi=6

If it was not in its first 25 hour experimental test period, it is not
unheard of for two people to go up for a test flight, I would think.

It would have been better if a power out situation had not happened, that is
for sure. If they had not done a full power runup test, with the nose up in
takeoff attitude, perhaps that would have been enough to prevent the
situation, but if they did, damn crappy luck, I would say.

With the scant information in the article, it would be difficult to come to
any accurate conlusion.
--
Jim in NC