Old October 17th 04, 03:56 PM
Nathan Young

Ditto for the Kankakee (Illinois) FSS. Option 1 for a briefer,
usually available in under 1 minute.

-Nathan

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:42:19 -0700, "BTIZ"
wrote:

I live in Southern NV.. our 1-800 WX Brief gets us the Reno FSS.. option 1,
speak to briefer..
takes about 1 min or less on average to get a briefer... but this afternoon
it did take more time.. but still less than one minute.

BT

" wrote in message
link.net...
Has anyone else noticed that the time you're on hold to talk to a briefer
is
getting longer and longer? I noticed this about a year ago when I still
lived in Florida and thought it was just a local problem. Now I live in
Virginia and they have the same problem here. It used to be you could get
human on the phone in a minute or so. Now it is taking about 5 to 10.

Is this how the FAA is trying to kill the FSS system? They have made no
bones about wanting to reduce the coast of the FSS system.