Old July 27th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Geoff Vincent

Default EW Data logger failure?

Hi Bruno,

I had an identical problem with our club EW (D) logger only last week.
Fixed it immediately by changing the battery. They thrive on a fresh
alkaline 9 volt cell, but seem to be very unforgiving of low cell
voltage - ours was a regular "heavy-duty" cell at 8.4 volts (no load).

Regards,

Geoff Vincent
Grampians Soaring Club
Australia

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:36:16 -0700 (PDT), nimbus
wrote:

The red LED is always "ON" whatever I am doing with the ON/OFF switch.
Impossible to know if the unit is switched ON or OFF. With or without
antenna gives the same result.

Does anybody have an idea of the problem?

Bruno